Exactly two months from now, I’ll be another year older. How crazy is that? There are days I’m totally and completely comfortable with the idea of getting older because age is just a number and I’m pretty darn grateful that I’ve made it this far (and to look younger than my age). Then there are days where I get anxious at the achievements and success or the lack thereof in my life. I'm not the type of person who gets easily insecure of other people's achievements, yet whenever I see their dreams turn into realities, I couldn't help but feel like I’ve wasted half of my 20-something years, the best years of my life... Those are the days I fail to see my own capacity and ability to do great. It happens, it's okay. But after a moment of wallowing in sadness, I took this as a reason not to waste any second longer. One of the things I do is I review my list of goals and revised them if needed. Originally, my goals were listed by year, much like a to-do list. This method is great but I realize that I simply don’t work that way. I can't work well under the pressure of a very specific deadline looming over my head. So, I updated my goals, put more freedom on which I want to pursue first, and added a single but very specific deadline to it: before I turn 30. Here are the 17 things I want to do before I turn 30:
- Write and publish a book.
- Host a blog meet-up or webinar, or do both.
- Limit my clothing to 50 pieces or less.
- Live and work in Europe
- Go on a month-long road trip to the USA with JP
- Live, work or visit in Tokyo, Japan
- Visit Australia
- Take a cruise to Antartica
- Attend a big blogging conference, particularly the Alt Summit or TBEX.
- Speak at a blogging event… and be actually confident about it.
- Create an online course or workbook
- Be physically fit. No more flabs!
- Become a professional graphic designer.
- Become a legit travel writer and get my works published in travel books & magazines.
- Learn how to cook. Perfect at least 3-5 dishes.
- Make my own clothes.
- Travel more within the Philippines, specifically in the Visayas region since I’ve seen most of Luzon.
17 things that I need to accomplish all these in four years... It sounds pretty doable, right? These goals are also aligned with my new set of plans which I’ve recently decided to pursue— To live and study in London next year! The course won’t start ’til April, but I’m already preparing myself so I won’t be utterly poor after. Wish me luck!